March 29, 2005

CallHelix Webservices Progress

Filed under: CallHelix — Ryan Wilcox @ 1:09 am

Tonight I did a massive push to get support for my CallHelix Webservices application on OS X.

Finally got it building and working in that environment… but when I was about two hours into the thing I realized I had wiped out all my OS 9 work. There is something to a simple, plain text project file format – I could just recreate the file in a text editor (thanks to SVN history). Sadly, it’s a Codewarrior project file – a binary. I’ll have to redo my work… luckily it shouldn’t be all that hard to create the second time.

Besides that, I accomplished three major things:

  1. Linking on OS X. This can be a… painful experience sometimes with Codewarrior 8.3 (they say it’s improved in CW 9, but I don’t have that… holding out for the release that is Tiger compatible)

  2. Accessing a Java member string from C/C++, using the Gabrilovich/Finkelstein C++ JNI integration classes. My earlier attempts just crashed, so I rethought my approach and now it works!

  3. Proved that I could indeed call the Toolbox and access that functionality (DebugStr(), but still…)

Still no real progress on the functionality of this application, but that’s next on the list.

Oh, I will get a RSS feed for this category up in the next few days. Look for it on the sidebar.

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.